20140529

一四0五十九 木曜日

Starting to get a bit of insight (dejavu') of what happens when one goes from 65mph to 5mph suddenly. That is to say my semester ended. I have gotten so used to reading 4-8 hours a day that the reflex is to continue to fill that craving(?). It's liberating in some aspects (freedom to choose readings) and a let down. It amazes me that two or more people (class) can have the same reading assignment and retention results/understanding varies from 0 (not understanding the title) to 10 (virtually memorizing everything they read (def not me). I'm the middle of the road guy. Leisure reading is not the same for me as "learning" reading. I usually have to read the same thing 3 times to nail it down conversationally. Once? I may get the concept. Sometimes thats all you need. Which as I understand is the basis for speed reading. Anywho, my 1st week off (mentally) in some time & it's like summer vaca. Except the urge to devour information is still there. Then again cant be all that bad right? "There's beny the raging read-o-holic." Also finding time to cook, can, and take care of the 'things' list that has grown over time & neglect. I realized my instagram is starting to capture that as well. 

Gonna take the afternoon off to smell the proverbial roses and take advantage of this gorgeous wx w/a bike ride. I have to stop by the VA in Salisbury and gonna take some grave photo requests for some fellow (amateur) genealogists (find-a-grave). Theres an obvious acronym here that I am quite sure will not catch on. The excursions are pretty fun and the sites are always peaceful and meditative.  I'm almost done w/the vid from my last weekend ride to Lynchburg & Appomatox Courthouse. If I can stop reading long enough to tidy it up & get it posted. 
Peace in HIm. bb













No comments: